Position: General Manager
- Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and property ownership.
- Ensures implementation of the Marriott brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, increased profit and market share.
- Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development.
- The position ensures Marriott International sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of Marriott and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- Represents Marriott Hotels & Resorts and JW brand values in all leadership actions.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- JOB SPECIFIC TASKS: Business Strategy Development Stays current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weakness of competition; explores new business opportunities; develops business plans designed to maximize property customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share; ensures property business plans are aligned with Marriott brand business strategies; translates Marriott global strategic plan into one that can be executed on property.
- Business Strategy Execution: Executes business plans designed to maximize property customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share; ensures that property business plans and employees are aligned with brand business strategies; holds property leadership team accountable for successful delivery of business plans; experiments with new ideas and takes calculated risks to improve guest satisfaction and profitability; evaluates the success of property business strategies to inform future business plan enhancements; continually ensures business plans and actions have a positive impact on property performance.
- Sales and Marketing: Works closely with Sales and Marketing team to develop revenue generating strategies for property; identifies new business leads, develops tailored sales approach, and actively pursues leads with Sales and Marketing team; ensures sales and marketing strategy is aligned with brand strategy and is effectively executed against established goals; ensures property leaders understand and leverage Marriott demand engines to full potential; augments guest preference for property through booking ease and quality interactions with sales force.
- Talent Management and Organizational Capability: Creates a cohesive and high-performance Executive Committee that continuously strives for positive results and improvement; coaches Executive Committee by providing specific feedback and holds them accountable for performance; creates learning and development opportunities for employees; creates and effectively executes development plans for both direct reports based on their individual strengths, development needs, and career aspirations; ensures all managers are doing the same for their direct reports; identifies resource needs to strengthen property team; creates succession plans for future job openings; actively supports the staffing process; ensures effective work processes, systems and teamwork are in place to maximize individual and overall property performance.
- Brand Champion: Serves as a passionate brand advocate and ensures that the intent of the brand is pulled through in the guest experience; communicates a clear and consistent message regarding property and brand goals to employees, property leadership team, and owners; serves as a role model by demonstrating exceptional work ethic and service delivery for all employees on property; champions change; inspires and motivates team to achieve operational excellence; represents brand values in all leadership actions.
- Business Information Analysis: Reviews business related data such as market share, financial performance, inventory, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction; analyzes business information to proactively address changing market conditions, ensure property operates within budgetary guidelines, and achieves profit margin goals; uses business information to identify indicators of product and service successes and opportunities for improvement; integrates business information into business plans.
- Employee and Labor Relations: Ensures all employees are treated fairly, and with respect; builds rapport with employees by fostering an environment of open communication and spending time with employees on the frontlines; makes self-available to employees (‘open door policy”); ensures pay and benefits are appropriate for labor market; celebrates the success of employees in a public way; works with Human Resources to maximize employee engagement and monitor local labor environment to address issues as needed.
- Revenue Management: Works with Revenue Management team to develop effective pricing strategies, balancing seasonality, economy, customer segments, property objectives and customer satisfaction; established revenue strategy that supports brand positioning in local market; ensures demand forecasting and sound revenue practices are in place to maximize yield; identifies ways to grow occupancy, RevPAR, and market share by researching and staying aware of competitor strategies; controls labor and capital expenses.
- Owner Relations: Builds strong rapport with property owners through proactive and on-going communication; keeps owner informed of brand initiatives and guest experiences; provides owners with in-depth analysis of property performance, incorporating guest, financial and employee business data; manages an effective balance between owner interests and Marriott brand interests and develops solutions that create value for both; develops and effectively promotes ideas for improving property service and profitability to ownership.
- Customer and Public Relations Management: Interacts with guests and other customers on a frequent basis to obtain feedback about their experiences on property; utilizes guest/customer feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery; emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations; establishes presence in the market by actively promoting an exemplary property/brand image, involving oneself in the local community, and by developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and customers; anticipates needs of large groups or high profile guests in order to deliver flawless service; ensures that products, services, and events attain the appropriate publicity (‘PR buzz”).
- Company/Brand Policy, Procedures, and Standards Compliance: Ensures property compliance with legal, safety, operations, labor, and Marriott brand product and service standards; conducts both routine and short-notice quality assurance audits with specific departments; holds employees accountable for performing audits on a regular basis; conducts detailed walk-throughs to ensure building, public areas, kitchen, and grounds are well-maintained, safe, and meet or exceed guest expectations; ensures employees are appropriately trained and performing to standard.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
At least 6 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
If you think you are the right person and ready to take the challenges, then you are requested to submit your application to Human Resources Department through bdjobs, The Westin Dhaka, Main Gulshan Avenue, Plot 1, CWN (B), Road 45, Plot 1, Gulshan 2, Dhaka.
Application Deadline : Sep 22, 2019