রেড ক্রসের নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (The Federation) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The Federation has been working with Bangladesh Red Crescent Society for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields mainly disaster response and management, cyclone preparedness, disaster relief and recovery, community-based disaster preparedness, risk reduction and mitigation, etc. The British Red Cross (BRC) works under the auspices of the Federation in Bangladesh in close cooperation with the BDRCS.
The British Red Cross (BRC) helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies. We enable vulnerable people to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help them to recover and move on with their lives.
We are part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest independent humanitarian network and are committed to, and bound by, its fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The BRC has a long history of working closely with and supporting the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS). In Cox’s Bazar, BRC is supporting BDRCS in supporting forcibly displaced people from Myanmar through a WASH program in camps. In line with BRC’s strategy, a longer-term engagement with BDRCS for host communities is currently underway in Teknaf using the ‘’Vulnerability to Resilience’’ model and approach.
Position: Protection Gender and Inclusion (PGI) Officer
Duration: 12 Months (With Possible Extension)
No. of position: 1 (one)
Our Principles and Values
Our values (compassionate, courageous, inclusive and dynamic) underpin everything we do. As a member of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the British Red Cross is committed to, and bound by, its fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Overall Purpose of the Post
The PGI Officer will provide technical support to the BDRCS and BRC Project Team, based at Teknaf sadar, to mainstreaming Protection, Gender and Inclusion considerations into all programme activities and services in communities under the Teknaf region; ensuring promotion of gender and diversity equality, reduced discrimination; prevention and response to sexual- and gender based violence, and anti-trafficking; and to support the monitoring of progress. The position is hired by BRC but seconded to BDRCS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support BDRCS to ensure that all activities under the Vulnerability to Resilience Project in Teknaf are implemented in accordance with Movement and BDRCS policies and guidelines relevant to protection, gender and inclusion (PGI), including IFRC Minimum Standards for Protection, Gender and Inclusion in Emergencies, international standards and best practices and BDRCS PSEA policy.
Technical Support to the Operation
- Provide technical support to BDRCS to mainstream protection, gender and inclusion, including regularly conducting gender and diversity assessments to identify and address the different needs, protection risks and capacities of women and men of all ages and backgrounds, in accordance with IFRC Minimum Standards for Protection, Gender and Inclusion in Emergencies
- Provide technical support to BDRCS to implement Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, mitigation and response activities, including establish and/or strengthen referral pathways for SGBV survivors, ensuring access to multi-sector response services (health, psychosocial support etc.)
- Provide technical support to BDRCS by providing technical guidance and advice to implement activities to prevent human trafficking, identify, respond and support survivors of trafficking, including establishing and/or strengthening referral pathways for trafficking cases and ensuring access to specialized services.
- Identify, support and coordinate with existing child protection mechanism in the host communities and establish referral pathways.
- Ensure that incident reporting mechanisms in place for the area is implemented and it is well understood by all staff and volunteers.
- Support the setup of a community feedback and complaints mechanism and assist the regular follow-up of complaints and feedback in accordance with BDRCS’s Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) Policy/Guideline and in coordination with BDRCS CEA Focal and/or CEA Manager.
- Coordinate with, as well as support BDRCS CD department, BDRCS PGI Focal, IFRC PGI team in Cox’s Bazar district and units for implementation of project activities in regard to protection, gender and inclusion.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders in Teknaf, represent BDRCS at humanitarian coordination meetings, seek opportunities for collaborations and partnerships to further strengthen BDRCS capacity on gender and diversity, child protection, protection, sexual- and gender-based violence, anti-trafficking and disability inclusion.
- Be the focal person to coordinate the organization of all the trainings (includes PGI trainings and other than PGI trainings both) to be conducted by the V2R Cox’s Bazar project team.
- Provide support to build capacity of BDRCS staff and volunteers, including designing and delivering training on prevention and response to SGBV and child protection, consistent with a ‘do no harm’ approach.
- Provide support to build capacity and raise awareness of BDRCS staff and volunteers by facilitating training and develop contextualised tools on protection, gender and inclusions issues, including prevention and response to SGBV, child protection, anti-trafficking, in accordance with IFRC tools and curriculum and consistent with a ‘do no harm’ approach.
- Continuously seek and obtain information and knowledge on existing protection structures in Cox’s Bazar and Teknaf such as procedures followed by authorities and other actors, as well as RC Movement activities, standards, trainings and policy and share this with colleagues.
Duties Applicable to All Staff
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by line manager and Country Manager.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences – including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis. You can read more about our commitment to diversity on our website.
- Advance degree in Gender Studies, Geography, Psychology, Disaster Management, Social studies, Development Studies or other subject relevant to protection, gender and inclusion.
- High level of motivation and good communication, social and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Bangla and English language typing.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in the area of protection, gender, inclusion in humanitarian and development field. Extensive experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, facilitation of trainings, reporting, documentation, publication, and audio-visual material preparation in relation to safeguarding and development fields.
- Have experience with facilitating group and on-the-job trainings in an operational setting, with knowledge of the adult learning cycle.
- Experience of working as part of a team responding to humanitarian emergencies, complex crisis or conflict situations.
- Experience in Case Management with survivors of SGBV, Human Trafficking or with UASCs
- Knowledge of international and regional human trafficking frameworks, understanding of the issues affecting survivors of trafficking and exploitation, and the complexities of anti-trafficking responses.
- Experience of coaching, training and developing staff and volunteers in order to build long-term capacity and create ownership.
- Experience of designing and conducting gender and diversity assessments, community consultations and research.
- Experience of facilitating CEA process into Project/Programs
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies.
- Good knowledge of social-, welfare- and protection-structures, national legislation, practices and procedures in Bangladesh
- Good planning skills, with the ability to identify areas for improvements in operations through the integration of PGI approaches and activities.
- Good knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
- Good knowledge of protection, gender and inclusion issues in emergency response operations, including SGBV, anti-trafficking and child protection.
- Team player, with the ability to coordinate and engage others and build good working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Highly motivated proactive self-starter, able to set and achieve goals using own initiative.
- Strong written, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to develop training module and organize training, workshops etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines.
Professionalism, Communications, Facilitation skills, Collaboration and teamwork, National Society and customer relations, Building alliances, Accountability, Creativity and innovation
- Fluently spoken and written English.
- Fluently spoken and written Bangla, good understanding of Chattogram/Cox’s Bazar dialect.
In order to be shortlisted for interview, you need to meet the essential criteria as outlined above.
N.B. All disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria (ü) will be short-listed for interview in line with our commitment to the Disability Confident Scheme
This job description and person specification may be subject to change as a result of operational requirements.
- Last date of application is 14 October, 2020 on or before 5:00 p.m.
- Candidates who don’t have Graduation or equivalent qualification and Experience on relevant field need not to apply.
- Only suitable and qualified candidates are invited to apply with their detailed CV and Cover Letter justifying your suitability
Country Manager, British Red Cross
By email at: HRAdminBD@redcross.org.uk
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *